Thursday, June 7, 2018

Un-Decorating

Hey! Hey!

So, it's getting to be that time... packing up our belongings and moving on to the next house. For those that don't know... this was supposed to be my 20 year house. I lovingly chose her and her lot, we picked her finishes and I monitored nearly every day of her build... sometimes calling for last minute changes - PLEASE DON'T PAINT THE GARAGE DOORS THIS WEEKEND! This house was everything I wanted; my American dream.


But... life changes and, with those changes, we have to be willing participants. I'm going to be sad to leave this house, sadder to leave our beloved little town, but I know that the house doesn't make the family... and the family is what makes the home.

So, we're UN-decorating! We already had to take down family pictures for staging, which is the hardest part for me. With that, I feel like I've already said good-bye to this house; she's no longer mine if my family pictures aren't up.

Something that's struck me as I'm taking things down is how much I really like the things we've chosen to decorate with.


A couple years ago I read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and it changed the way I bought things for my house. I used to be super indecisive, to the point where I just wouldn't buy anything, and our house was never decorated. It still takes me a while to decorate, but when I find something I love, now I buy it! It has made such a difference decorating our house with things we love rather than not at all, or settling for things just "work" for what we need.

As I look at this collection of wall decor, I am looking forward to putting each piece back up in our new home! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! I don't know where they will fit, but I know that I couldn't leave any of them behind.

The box contains a circular wood frame with a metal tree of life inside.
Oh, and I definitely made room in the budget for decorating the new house! Since we aren't taking our furniture with us, it's going to feel so fresh and put together! Or at least that's the plan! Hopefully we don't end up sitting on camping chairs for too long or I may lose Justin's support! Don't worry, I've already started saving ideas.


2 comments: